Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Slow Cooker Pot Roast and Chili

What's for dinner?  Tonight I'm making Slow Cooker Pot Roast and I thought I'd share the recipe because I know a couple of my readers are collecting slow cooker recipes.  I'm adding the chili, too, one of my favorite recipes.

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

4 lbs. chuck roast
salt and pepper to taste
1 pkt. dry onion soup mix
1 c. water
3 carrots, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 stalk celery, chopped

Season the chuck roast with salt and pepper to taste.  Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat.
Place in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery.
Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

Crock Pot Chili

2 med. onions, coarsely chopped
1-1.5 lbs ground beef, browned and drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 c. finely diced green peppers
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
30-32 oz beans (kidney and/or pinto)
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 tsp. beaumonde spice, optional
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp seasoned salt
1 Tbs. (or more) chili powder
1 tsp. dried basil

Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cover.  Cook on low 8-12 hours or high 5-6 hours.

No comments: