Tuesday, May 14, 2013

My eyelids

  1. We had a power outage on Friday morning. I woke up at 4:30 am to a very dark night.  No lights or streetlights anywhere, all very black.  Kinda creepy. After finding a dim flashlight in the kitchen, I told Hubs, be ready, if the kids wake up they're gonna wig out.  Sure enough, about 10 minutes later, we heard crying. Hubs went upstairs to comfort them to hear M crying out, "My eyelids are stuck together!  My eyelids are stuck together!"  
  2. Last week we attended my nephew E's t-ball game, where M questioned everything relentlessly.  "What is he doing?  Where is his bat?  Why is he running?  Where is going? What is his name?" Every question was asked at the top of his lungs, about 100 decibels, like every day. Then E's team came up to bat and the coach pitched.  I didn't even notice the coach was black until M asked at the top of his lungs, "Why is that man black?!"
  3. My dear friend KK is in town for a few days and came by to chat yesterday afternoon.  Hubs was working in his office and came down for a moment, where M magestically introduced her, "Please meet our special guest, K!" he said with great flourish.
  4. Yesterday we were at my MIL's and everyone was giving each other silly names.  Hubs told M to name Aunt L "Laura Ingrahm," her favorite radio talk show host.  So M told her dramatically, "Your name is Laura England!" and added an evil "Hee-eee-eee-eee-eee." 
He's full of it every day, folks.  It's both entertaining and exhausting!
M insisted on wearing his ski helmet with his new bike!

No comments: