Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Michigan Summer Begins

So much to say, so little writing time!
•thank you for your thoughts and prayers as we laid Grandma K. To rest last week. She was a wonderful Godly woman whose love touched us deeply and eternally. I was honored to share an eulogy and simply read "Grandma's Lesson," my May 19 post. 
• twelve years Hubs and I celebrated last week! Because of the funeral, our outing was simply a quiet dinner away, but still perfect for the two of us. A dozen years and three silly boys and I love him more than the day we said "I do." We shared the day with Father's Day this year.  "Fantastic Dad potential" was something I looked for in my future spouse and I knew he had it.  Here's the proof:
June 15, 2014: Father's Day Pic

June 15, 2014: Our 12th Anniversary

•a splurge: my beautiful new dining set. This is also why our anniversary was subdued: this is our gift to each other (ok, me) for every 2014 celebration! We ordered it together from Amish folks who build furniture somewhere in Ohio via Tri City Furniture and was worth the wait. Thank you, honey!
Right now they all fit on the bench!

But we bought enough chairs because someday they won't!


•VBS. M and N participated in a good one last week and loved every minute of it! I confess to you I signed them up for another one, the one their preschool's parent school hosts, for next week. Seriously a lifesaver for me;)
•age 5. Wow, what a difference! Despite what I just said about VBS being a lifesaver, age 5 is like a magic spell that I hope lasts for many years to come! It's like a dream come true: they go to the bathroom and dress themselves, follow directions and eat the food I prepare for them. They ride their bikes sans training wheels and ask a thousand questions (I.e., why does A have two daddies? That was just this morning!) after a few seconds, I remembered that the simplest answer usually satisfies so I said, A was born before Uncle D met Aunt J. That was enough for him, thank goodness I didn't have to explain biological father/stepfather relationships. (Yet) even so I am reveling in their big boy-ness: reading, helping, aiding and playing with little bro C. 
•t ball: I can't believe the season is over tonight! It flew by but they loved loved loved it! Both boys have improved greatly in 2 months time and I'm certain I have real ball players on my hands!


•neighborhood kids: pros: there are a bunch this summer for the kids to play with. Con: I seem to be the only parent with a two year old to chase so there were 8 kids (!!!!) in my yard last night. Finally I sent them all away, off into outer space, so I could feed mine dinner. I hope they have parents.

Okay that's all the time I have for now.  Hope you're enjoying this fine Michigan summer - it's always worth the wait!

No comments: