Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I'm So Far Behind I Thought I Was First

 All my friends are posting their kids' first day of school pics. My own kids start preschool next week so before I take their back to school pics, I need to upload my summer pics and lo and behold, you've seen about 3 photos from this summer!  So here are a few more...from July.  Yes, like 6 weeks ago.  But since it's hot and muggy and very summer-like feeling today, and these are summer pics, they're not SOOO long ago.  Okay, I'm in denial.  I'm so far behind I thought I was first.
 We drove into Bay City to see the Tall Ships sail into town for the Tall Ships Festival.  They are just beautiful.
 We sat by the side of the road for the Auburn Corn Fest Parade.  The boys wore their clop clops because of the fire engines and I explained how the girls with the flags are called Color Guard and mommy did that when she was in high school.  They were underwhelmed.



 We have had next to no ice cream this summer due to the dairy intolerance N seems to have.  So this pic of the N and M eating sherbet (and guess what, there is dairy in that, too!) once this summer is a keeper.  Aren't they cute?

 A few times we filled the dragon pool and I sang rub  a dub dub 3 men in a tub.  Then C pooped in it so the fun was over.
This is so comfy...I have an idea...

We spent a day up North with some MN friends visiting their family's cabin and even had a pontoon ride!
My mother's day Hibiscus has been blooming like crazy this summer!



 And once I even put all 3 in the actual tub! 

I know that doesn't quite tell the whole story of our summer, but it will hold you over till we get some back to school pics and I get some quiet time to think and therefore write something intelligent! 

No comments: