Friday, December 13, 2013

More Shopping Stress

Does it ever end?

In case you were worried, Santa took her smallest Elf and dragged him in and out of 3 different stores this morning in an attempt to meet the bigger elves' requests.

I missed a very important phone call from the pediatrician and the opportunity to purchase tickets for Les Miserables. Good news is the twins are getting in to their new doc next week (instead of today, like would have happened if I hadn't been on a wild goose chase) and now Hubs is putting the kids to bed so I can try to purchase tickets  in person at the box office tonight. GAH!  I'm a day late and a dollar short today!

Anyhow, I looked at hundreds of Lego building sets but did anyone have the one I needed? NOOOO.....only the one I already have hiding!  And guess what?  No one has a GREEN lego base square...only blue, only Toys R Us.  Seriously?  No green?! 

I did find a reasonable tow truck for a reasonable price (Tonka!) but I do not think it goes "GRRRRR."  Hope that's not a problem. So the littlest elf got a dump truck because they were buy one get one half off.  He wanted a "tac-tor!" but I thought it looked cheap and decided he'd get over it.  (Oh my goodness am I really that bad?  Please tell me I'm not the only one!!)

And I finally decided that C would like the Little People Nativity set....does anyone have that?  Of course not.  That's so 5 years ago.  Now it's all Santa People.  I get that Santa is Christmas but if you're ever going to sell a Little People Nativity scene wouldn't it be December 13?!  Wouldn't it?!  It's not completely Godless out there, though, because there was a Noah's Ark set that I almost bought as a substitute.

So I raced home to hide the two Tonka trucks and one lego plate and order the rest of the stuff online so that we can (please God PLEASE) get them before Christmas.

I think I'm done.

But I just remembered I'm out of tape.




No comments: