Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grandma's Cinnamon Rolls

Apparently, Aunt L. and I are easily influenced by those cable tv shows all about the best bakeries in America.  While we were watching one, we decided to make our own homemade cinnamon rolls!  I pulled out my grandmother's cinnamon rolls recipe - which I have never made before - and we decided to make them that night! 
These rolls are special because my grandma passed the recipe to my mom, who has made them for almost every holiday breakfast for dozens of years.  Waking up to the smell of these mouth-watering treats every Christmas and Easter morning is one of my favorite family memories.  Okay, eating them is my favorite part, but you get the idea!  Mom created a cookbook 3 years ago filled with our family recipes and included this one, which takes up an entire page!  So you can see why I've never bothered - I'm not a patient person, especially when it comes to waiting for yeast to rise so I can eat sweets. 

Here's L with the rolls at 11:00pm!  Yep, we're so brilliant.  Did we think they'd have to rise for 2 hours before we even got to sprinkle cinnamon?  No.  So we were just finishing rolling the little buggers at 11:00!

And did we think that someone would have to take them out the fridge to rise for two more hours the next morning when we decided to make them?  No.  But L to the rescue again!  Here's the finished product, at at 8:00am the next morning!
YUM!  YUM!  YUM!

There are no photos of the adults, you'll notice, but here are Nathan and Matthew with their first bites of Grandma's Cinnamon Rolls:
They liked them, despite the funny faces!  I promise!  
Anyhow, Aunt L and I had fun making the rolls, but the boys probably won't taste them again until Christmas.  Or until we are influenced by another cable food show!

4 comments:

One Girl, Two Boobs said...

You can't write that and not share the recipe! I think I can smell cinnamon rolls through the computer! Share, share, share!!

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

I second that. Recipe, please!

Pam Kelsey said...

Oh Nathan, it looks like you would like more! Grandma will make some when you come for a visit!

Mrs. B. said...

holy deliciousness! i will most def be trying out that recipe.