Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cumulatively Wonderful Day

Have you ever had one of those days where everything goes right?  If you're like me, it doesn't happen often, so you've got to write it down to remember it!  Yesterday was one of those days, and while none of the events were earth-shattering, they were, cumulatively, wonderful.
  • I had intelligent, child-free discussion with a group of fabulous women at Mom's Group
  • Someone who owed me money paid me back
  • Two weeks after it went kaput, the dishwasher part I've been waiting for arrived
  • Because the weather was unseasonably beautiful, hubs came home early and the 4 of us took a long walk at a nearby park and had some unexpected fun family time in the middle of the day
  • I found a pair of pants and a top that fit me when I exchanged a clothing item!
  • My peanut butter fudge was the "most popular" dessert at the MVMOM meeting last night, which was a blast - getting to hang out with other multiples' moms always is!
  • I actually won a prize when my name was drawn last night and now have a very cool Christmas gift for one of my nephews.
  • A new-mom friend and I got to catch up last night and for over an hour, we shopped, snacked and chatted.
  • And one of my readers (at the dessert table, nonetheless!) asked me, "Are you Twin Engines?" and told me all about how she likes to read my blogs to get traveling tips b/c her twins are 4 months older than mine and they fly a lot.  I was so surprised to have found an actual READER! who's not my family - it tickled me pink!
  • My friend, E, debuted her business, Marigold Baby, at the Holiday Boutique last night and sold a bunch of items and took orders!  I'm very proud of her because she's worked so hard to get everything up and running.  You can check out her business at www.marigoldbaby.etsy.com.
  • The dishwasher part was installed when I got home! What a fabulous hubby I've got.
Marigold Baby G
Peanut Butter Fudge

1/4 c. milk
3/4 c. peanut butter
1 lb. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. margarine

Mix together well.  Microwave on high for 2 minutes.  Mix well and fast.  Pat mixture into a glass pie plate.  Cool and enjoy.

By the way, that recipe is from an old church cookbook  (it's my mom's friend's recipe on page 139 of the CCC 2003 edition).  I've had it for many years and last night was the first time I tried the fudge because I had to make something to take for the dessert table - I remembered at the last minute.  Whenever I'm in trouble, I crack open that old church cookbook and I find something every time!

So I fell asleep last night a happy lady, thinking maybe I do make the world a better place by writing my blog and trying out new recipes on unsuspecting folks.  And knowing that God has blessed me with some wonderful people in my every day life.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,
Thanks for sharing your day ! It is so nice when we can actually live in the present and enjoy the moments and people that make up our days!