Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Way Back Wednesday, Nine Years Ago Today


Nine years ago, my life changed for the better.  I married my soul mate, my best friend, the love of my life, and my List.  I'll confess, I once made a list of all the things I was looking for in my future spouse.  Miracle of miracles, I met him!  And he was - and still is - good looking to boot!  (I didn't put "handsome" on my list - I was afraid of asking for too much!)  Thank goodness, he asked for my hand and we were wed on a beautiful June afternoon.  The rain stopped, the clouds parted and the sun shone for our big day.  Much like the weather here in MN today, but warmer!

Because our wedding took place in 2002, before the age of everyone having a digital camera ( and only George Jetson had one in his phone!) we have few digitalized photos. Here's one of my favorites: we were leaving the church, heading toward our waiting Lincoln Towncar. Guests were tossing rose petals at us as we walked (if I could find the CD, there is actually a photo of me picking a petal out the top of my dress immediately after this one!)  Our best man and matron of honor (because my little sis married 6 months before I did, she was a "MATRON!") drove us to Dow Gardens where I'd always wanted my wedding photos to be taken.

(20 minutes later) Okay, I dug up the CD made by a friend and found a couple more.  They're awfully blurry, but I assume he wasn't using his flash to respect our hired photographer.  Let's see if I can upload a couple:

exchanging our vows

rose petal goes down the top...

I discover it down there

and fish it out!

Hubs' cousin L, holding a rose petal bag, who just graduated last week.  Look how little she was!

My dear friend K, who stood in my wedding and marries in two weeks.  Can't wait to see her!

Pink gerbera daisies...one of my favorites.

The Kiss

My parents and siblings - they look Good!
What a great day!  I just love looking at the old photos, especially these never-before-seen-online-rose-petal-down-the-top-ones!  But enough reminiscing - tonight we're celebrating by actually hiring a babysitter and going out on a date!  So I'd better go finish my chores so I can go out.  Thank you friends and family, for standing by us all these 9 wonderful years.  And thank you, Handsome Hubs, for loving me through thick and thin. :)

3 comments:

Pam Kelsey said...

Oh, you were so PRETTY that day, and still are, of course! You had a beautiful wedding! Happy Anniversary, to many, many more!! Love, Mom

The Alexanders said...

Happy 9 year anniversary! I bet on that day you could have never imagined the whirlwind adventure with your fellas :)

camaulds said...

THAT was one of the best days ever! We were ALL so happy! God is so good and answered our prayers that day!