Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Peace

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

I repeated this to myself as I fell asleep last night.  Because my heart was heavy with my own thoughts and troubles, I tried to convince myself that it's not that bad (because it's not) that life is good (because it is) and that lots of people are having a tougher time than I am (because they are).

As I thought of a person I know who's divorcing, a friend whose mom is battling cancer for the third time, a relative who's recovering from a poorly performed medical procedure, a lady in the checkout who is worried the MN government will shut down and keep her from buying food for her two grandchildren, I felt even worse!

He is the God of all comfort and only His word can bring the peace and comfort our hearts need, whether we are weary, heartbroken, worried, ill, or frightened, He is peace.

No comments: