Wednesday, December 28, 2011

'Tis the Season

For fevers and snot. 

I'm having this recurring dream where every Christmas, when we fly back to Michigan to spend the holidays with our families, the boys get sick with something, be it ear infections or nasty butt colds.  Wait a minute, that's not a dream - it's reality! 

What is it with Christmas, families, flying and kids?  Am I doomed to repeat this every year?  (Sigh)

The good news is, it's just a nasty butt cold this year, so far.  Last year we wound up in the urgent care with the first of two ear infections!  I think we've beat it as N has been fever free since he woke up this morning.  I think we're through the worst of it.

I'm halfway through my second day of self-imposed solitary confinement with the kids and I'm about to declare them healthy jus to get it over with.  Well, I'm about the declare M healthy so he can go have fun with his Aunty tonight.  N is still not 100%, poor buddy.

I'm sure he'll be better just in time to go back home.

1 comment:

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

Oh good gosh - I could not agree more! We had a rough go of things when we traveled back home too! Its not fair -- we work so hard to get there ... to be able to share these little people - and then the illness hits. Ack! Hope your guys are feeling better....and I hope your pregnancy is going well. Doesn't it seem to be going so fast??? We are less than 10 weeks out now and I'm starting to panic! So fun to have a fellow blog-mama to share in this joy!