Tuesday, March 13, 2012

New Every Morning

Today, all is well.  The sun is shining, the boys are napping, and I am showered, dressed and in my right mind. 

I guess I'd have to back up a little bit to explain that one.  The best analogy that comes to mind is that Bible story about the demon-possessed man whom Jesus healed - he sent the demons into the pigs who then jumped off the cliff and drowned.  Remember that one?  Mark 5:15 says, "When they came to Jesus, they saw the man who had been possessed by the legion of demons, sitting there, dressed and in his right mind" (emphasis mine).

Okay, maybe I wasn't QUITE as crazed as the Madman possessed by demons (gosh I hope not), but today I am definitely feeling like I've been healed, dressed and in my right mind!  My husband will testify that he's never quite come upon the scene that greeted him at 5:30 last night:

N sobbing, sitting on his white potty, M crying in his room, afraid of me,  who was yelling, hollering, and overall just being EXTREMELY unpleasant about the 7th potty accident of the day...in underpants...with sticky tar poop...and urine all over the carpet.  So much so that I had to change MY clothes and scrub out the laundry sink.  That's all I'll tell you about that.

I will tell you that my Hubs is an angel, sent by God to be the yin to my yang (if that can even make sense.)  He took over for the rest of the night while I decompressed, showered, and basically went to bed early. 

I'm going to blame it on pregnancy hormones. But I will also do as Jesus told the man: "Go home to your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how he has shown mercy on you." Mark 5:19.

Thank you God that your mercies are new every morning.  Great is they faithfulness. Lamentations 3: 22-23.

No comments: