Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Stuff I Made...Wibbit!

I guess I just have a lot to say this week.  I find that happens when Hubs is traveling and it's not warm enough to spend all day outside.  Not that I'm complaining!  I'm just waiting till it warms up in the afternoon to take the boys to the playground.  I do love fall.  I have a peck of apples waiting to be sauced, a gallon of cider in the fridge waiting to be spiced, and bins and bins of yarn waiting to be crocheted.  And a gas fireplace to sit near while I eat and drink and create all kinds of fun things.

But I think I blog more when he's gone because I feel the need to "talk" to normal adults while I'm home with three three and unders. Not because they don't talk, though....

So last night I blathered on and I think I touched a cord!  I asked "does anyone really MAKE the things they post on Pinterest?"  Holy YES, and I have very creative friends!  I've said that before but these were two more talented ladies.  One responded by telling me all about her "Stuff I Made" board (upon where I discovered how to "find" and "follow" people on Pinterest) and another made a Pinterest board (I think last night, but I'm not sure) called "Stuff I actually made from Pinterest!"  I saw a whole lot of cute arigurimi (not sure about that spelling) toys, little stuffed crocheted animals, but I'm sure it has a much more sophisticated definition, and super-gourmet recipes which look absolutely fantastic.

Which got me to thinking I ought to show you what I've been working on so diligently in the evening this week: my kids' winter hats.  The ones I made last year were my first attempt and not terrible looking, but ill fitting with many errors.  So I recently found some free patterns online and printed several off, both for the kids and for Christmas gift ideas, and let the kids choose which ones I'd make for them. 

M saw what I was doing on the desktop and found the Lightning McQueen pattern on the website I was looking at and asked for that one.  I'll be honest, it's not my favorite, but if he likes it and will wear a hat this winter, so be it.

I thought N would also choose McQueen, but he chose the green frog, which I was happy about.  That's the one I wanted to make for him.

Of course, I chose C's owl hat, the one you saw a few days ago.

I stayed up late putting the froggy eyes together because N asked me about 100 times yesterday when his "fwoggy" hat would be finished.  It was worth staying up late (and getting very little sleep last night NOT due to crochet but my crazy children) to see him hopping around the house this morning crying "WIBBIT!  WIBBIT!"

As if they're not cute enough, I just noticed N is holding c's hand!!


Ka chow!

Wibbit!

Whooo?

No comments: