Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Happiest Morning of Our Lives

One year ago today was a very special day for us.  Here's the excerpt from the scrapbook I'm creating for Matthew and Nathan:

October 15, 2008
"The Happiest Morning of Our Lives"

About 4:30 am, I woke up to use the bathroom and take a home pregnancy test.  You have to pee on a stick!  Maybe when it's time for you or your wives to get pregnant, they will design something less icky to tell if you're going to be a parent.  I lay back in bed, trying not to be too nervous because we'd already had several negative tests.  A few minutes later, I got up and saw...a plus sign!  Was I imagining it?  It was very early, after all.

I ran into the bedroom with it and shook your dad awake.  He turned on the lamp to get a better look.  "It's a plus sign.  That means..."  he looked up at me and I nodded.  We laughed and hugged and kissed.  Excited and elated, we couldn't get back to sleep.  A blood test that day at my doctor's office confirmed the results.  You were on the way!

Your loving father is a thoughtful and generous husband as well.  He bought me a dozen roses the day we learned we were pregnant.  He bought me another dozen the day we learned you were twins!




Today was also a good day at our house.  Daddy got to stay home and play in the morning before leaving on a business trip and then Matthew helped him pack.


Then our buddies A and G visited. The boys are all 4 and half months old now.  Look how big they are!



And last but not least, I put both boys down to bed BY MYSELF for the first time.  Whew!

No comments: