Monday, January 13, 2014

Now Back to Regular Programming....

Today we are back to "normal"

Normal weather: January in Michigan, 20's and overcast

Normal schedule: kids in preschool, Hubs traveling, me doing housework at home with C.

Normal kids: all seem healthy and behaving relatively well.

Normal me: broken tooth is temporarily fixed.  That last post was nutty because I was feeling pretty nutty and dreading that afternoon's dentist appointment which DID result in me needing a crown (boo hoo for me, right?)

I know this about myself, but on days like today it's so clear: I am a creature of habit and routine.  So are my kids.  We all enjoy a break but 3 weeks is way too long!  We were all coming a little bit unglued by the end of it; thank goodness for the Legos they got for Christmas.  I've built more Legos in the last two weeks than I have in my whole life, but I'm okay with that, really.  I kind of like them, actually.  My kids stay focused, relatively still and quiet, learning hand-eye coordination, reading skills, construction techniques...all kinds of good stuff. 

I'm happy to say that we are back to our regularly scheduled programming, which a change in our sports season.  M and N will be taking a Tumble Bears gymnastics class instead of swimming.  They are very excited about their first day tomorrow (last week's first day was cancelled due to weather). 

So am I!



No comments: