Friday, August 20, 2010

Absolutely Blogworthy

That's what L said last night when we tasted our little baking experiment.  You see, not only do we watch too much HGTV (we put another coat on the bathroom.  I still don't like the color, but at least it's not splotchy anymore), we watch too much Food Network, as well.  Here's how the dessert came about:

  • L and I were chatting on Facebook last month.  She had no cable access for awhile this summer, so I was writing the highlights of that night's episode of Cake Boss - which is a TLC show, now that I think about it.  Either way, it's a crazy cable network show and I love that one, too.  That's the kind of dumb stuff I do when Hubby is working out of town. 
  • "Buddy"  was making tiramisu and it was gorgeous!  They usually decorate bizarre cakes, but this one stood out because it was beautiful.
  • "We should make some when I come out in August."
  • "Yeah, I think I have a recipe in my cookbook bible" (shuffle, flip through Good Housekeeping)
  • "Yum...oh my gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it"
  • "Here it is...espresso, brandy, sugar, ladyfingers, milk, mascarpone, whipping cream, cocoa, chocolate curls"
  • That's all it took

So we planned all week to make it on Thursday.  Yesterday.  But we also procrastinated the bathroom painting.  And the trip to the MOA she had to fit in before her trip ended.  So, we did it all!  (No babies were harmed in the making of this crazy day!   Except for the MOA, all insanity ensued during naps and after bedtimes.)

At the end of the day, we celebrated our adventures with this:
Sinfully delicious tiramisu
"I kind of want the whole world to try this," she said.  "It's absolutely blogworthy."

P.S.There's still some left for you, Hubby, so hurry home!

1 comment:

Lindsey_Aulds said...

Mmmmm lets make more this week =]