Thursday, August 19, 2010

Update

Thank you to those who have called and written your condolences.  Please forgive me for frightening you with my previous post.  Michelle's death really shook me up.  After two days and one full night of sleep, I'm back.    She was one of those bubbly, bright, smiling, happy and energetic women that you just love to be around.  She and Brent were our next-door neighbors when we moved into our townhouse 6 years ago.  We kept in touch and saw each other frequently for 5 years, but once we had the boys, I'll confess...I fell off the face of the earth for awhile.  Suffice it to say, I'm feeling pretty lousy for not having called her in recent months.

Her sister is now our neighbor, in Brent and Michelle's townhouse.  I took her flowers last night and chatted a few minutes this morning.  The family is doing as well as can be expected.  She told me that Michele did not suffer - she broke her neck.  And the missing dog, T, has been found and is recovering from his time in the wild at the vet.  So if there is a silver lining, that's it: she didn't suffer, and Brent will have one of their beloved border collies back.

Thank you to my friends to have volunteered to sit with the boys.  It's comforting to know that I have friends who care so much.  The funeral is planned for 1:00 Saturday afternoon.  I'm sure it's going to be packed.

No comments: