Thursday, February 2, 2012

Groundhog's Day (Potty Update)

I've been trying really hard to keep my brain out of the toilet this week, for your sake, but today marks the 3 week mark, so I thought I'd give you a little update.  We've come a long way, but still have a way to go.  I've never seriously considered cloth diapers, but after 3 weeks of cleaning poo out of underpants, I am 100% convinced that disposables are the way to go (like I wasn't already, right?).  Kudos to you if you are one of those cloth diaper people, but just 3 weeks of this and I'm about to go nuts!

Fortunately, both boys are willing and able to make pee pee in the potty almost every time.  Whew!  A few days ago, N burst into my bathroom while I was...ahem, using it...shouting at me and pointing "Point it down!  Point it down!"  It was so funny I couldn't help but laugh, because that's what I'd been telling him, emphatically and repeatedly as he sprayed the room!  (He's much, much better about pointing it down, now.)

As I mentioned above, and previously, and to anyone who will listen, number two is an issue.  Yesterday about five o'clock, when M had gone poo in the potty twice in two days, I thought we were coming out of the woods.  That was just a couple hours after writing the glowingly positive haircut post, remember?  I was on cloud nine.  Then about an hour later, all heck broke loose and there were three NASTY poo accidents in a row.  NOT a pretty sight, NOT a happy mama.  The only silver lining is that I have a big beautiful laundry tub to rinse them out in now, I suppose!

Today is much of the same, mostly dry, still having trouble with number two.  Like Groundhog's Day.  If I think about it too much, it's A LOT like Groundhog's Day, ON Groundhog's Day.  (I wonder if that movie is on cable tonight?  I'll bet it is.  I think I'll make myself a little snack and watch that this evening.  Classic.)

And thank you for the tape on the auto flush toilet tip, ladies  I've yet to leave the house, but I know we'll emerge in public this weekend and I'll be ready with some tape in my humongous Pull Ups Purse (as opposed to diaper bag).  That, combined with their newfound favorite "going backwards" position, just might do the trick...I hope.


Google Image of a Pull Up, aka, How I Get Out of My House, Occasionally.

No comments: