Wednesday, February 1, 2012

No Sweat!

"That's the first time I didn't sweat through his haircut!"  our hairdresser K said of M last night.  It was the boys' haircut night, and for the first time EVER, I was almost completely unneeded (save retrieving dum-dums and setting up the DVD player).  It was NICE. 

M marched into the salon announcing "I'm a big boy!" and proudly donned the kiddie themed drapery, climbing into Daddy's lap.  He was a different kid.  A BIG kid.  A big BOY, I should say.

He's not crazy about the razor, but not screaming anymore either!



He was so captured by his own image in the mirror he wouldn't look at the camera!
We like to keep N's curls, so he doesn't need the razor, likely making him wonder what the fuss has been about for his brother all this time.  Haircuts don't bother him at all, so long as he gets his dum dum at the end.

Before pic, watching Veggie Tales while M is in the chair.

N's fluffed out curls before
Tamed mane after, and Daddy's turn on deck.
I don't want to be superstitious, afraid to tell you that things are going well, so I'm just going to go ahead and share my joy in my sons becoming big boys!  It's much like the spring like weather we've been having - so sweet and welcome - but is there a blizzard on the way?  Maybe, maybe not, but I'm relishing every minute of the good behavior and drowning them in praise for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha! Thanks for the great evening Aulds!!

Kelly