1. I had a birthday. Thursday I turned 35 and the boys wanted a "party," so the three of us baked a blue and green cake (per their request, by the way) and had our favorite neighbors over for dinner, cake, and party-horn blowing.
|White cake mix + blue food coloring|
|White cake mix + green food coloring|
|ready for the oven|
|My helpers blow out the candles|
|Not quite Cake Boss...not quite Cake Wrecks, either, though. I hope.|
|M's favorite part of the party: horn blowing!|
|We did this for a long, long time.||(Oh, and Hubs scheduled my hair appointment for Thursday, too. I think this is a good shot of K's work! Thanks, Hubs and K!)|
|I was getting pretty lightheaded|
|The boys did not get tired at all!|
|Mr. and Mrs. W, our favorite neighbors|
|C slept through the meal and (most of) the horn blowing.|
3. C started eating solids. After a few nights of waking at 3am, 4am, 5am, to a starving baby, I threw in the towel and mixed up the rice cereal. He ate it with mucho gusto and is already moving on to butternut squash and pears. Every time we feed him, he opens up like a (giant) baby bird and seems to say, "Real food! This is what I was born to do!" The boy loves to eat. He comes by it honestly. He was 19lbs 2oz on Monday!
4. I figured out Pinterest. One recipe I found was "how to make a box cake taste like it came from a bakery," so I tried it out. You do 3 things: add one more egg, use milk instead of water, and replace the oil with butter, then double it. So basically, more than double the fat content. And it works - that was a very moist and tasty cake. Surely it would have been even better without the massive amount of food dye. I'll try it again.
5. I'm making Christmas gifts. Once the kids go to bed, I start crocheting. Right now I'm working on an Angry Birds hat for one of my nephews. It's really cute!
6. I like to blog in the afternoon when the kids are asleep. The desktop is next to a sliding glass door in my husband's office, and it's just so nice to sit down here with the sun shining and the breeze coming through the open screen door, working beside him. And they've not been sleeping much lately. Ugh.
So that's where I've been. Have three three and unders makes very little "free" time, so please understand. I'm thinking blogging will pick up again when the boys go to preschool...so maybe next year. In the meantime, I'm just hanging on!