Thursday, January 24, 2013

Humbling Experience

Imagine every room in your house looked like this-or worse.
Because you have twin 3 year olds and an 8 month old.
Because you are packing to move in 7 days.
Imagine you have to show the house to potential renters in 24 hours.
Would you panic?
Imagine tomorrow's showing rang the doorbell right now.
Panicking yet?

I didn't have time to panic. I said, sure, come on in, keep in mind I have three small children, I'm packing to move in 7 days, and I was expecting you tomorrow.

She said ok. WHAT?!

Most embarrassing, humbling moment of my life. I let a complete stranger see everything including my unmade bed and pump parts strewn about, the stinky potty training bathroom, the laundry in the washing machine...everything. It's so messy I told my mon I wouldn't even let HER see it (mostly for comedic effect, you should know, but it would still be embarrassing if she saw it)!

But you know what? She was not only a fellow multiples' mom, she was a triplet plus one mom of four sons, the kind of mom I revere wholeheartedly. So she understood.

Not to mention, she seems to have survived raising them with grace and dignity, giving me much hope for my future.

I really hope her family is chosen to love our house next.

Now, do I bother cleaning for the other showing tomorrow?



2 comments:

Meika said...

No. Go have a cup of tea. You deserve it.

Pam Kelsey said...

Too Funny! We've all been there at one time or another. It was just YOUR TURN TODAY! Love you even if your are messy... Lol Mom