Sunday, May 26, 2013

Happy Fourth Birthday M and N!

Oh my goodness, what a fun day we had yesterday throwing M and N's party.  M even hugged and kissed me, saying, "Thank you for throwing out the party, Mommy!"  It brought tears to my eyes.  Uncle Dan just reminded me M said, "This is the best day ever!" I think it was, too.
We had two dozen of our loved ones gathered together to celebrate our son's birthday; my husband's and mine.  Others live far away and couldn't be here, but they were here in spirit.  I know, I could feel them. 
As we looked around the yard at all the laughing, all the hugging, all the eating, the singing, the bouncing (oh, the bouncing!!) the pinata-whacking, the candle-blowing, the gift-opening, the eating, eating, eating, the playing, the digging, the laughing....
My heart was overwhelmed with love for our God who has blessed us beyond description with more love than our hearts or our house can hold! It was so special to see the twins having so much fun with our families, laughing and bouncing the day away. 
It felt like a dream come true.  Honestly.
Yesterday felt like every birthday wish I'd ever made came true in my own backyard: healthy, happy kids, handsome devoted husband, lots of family gathering on a sunny afternoon...
Hubs found the perfect soundtrack yesterday, a song by John Mayer.  I wish I could have had it playing...the bridge says,
See once in a while when it's good
It'll feel like it should
And they're all still around
And you're still safe and sound
And you don't miss a thing
'til you cry when you're driving away in the dark.



But last night?  Last night, for the first time in 9 years, we did not drive OR fly away in the dark. We stayed. 

Happy Birthday M and N, the light of our lives.



1 comment:

Krystal said...

Awe! Happy birthday little guys! Amazing how quick they grow up! Glad to hear you are enjoying having your family around. :)