Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Amazing Race Application


If you know me even a little bit, you know that Steve and I are Amazing Race GEEKS! If you've never heard of it, go to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race/ and check out the show. Season 16 premiers Sunday, February 14, so you'll need to learn a thing or two about the show because.....
WE APPLIED FOR SEASON 17!

Yep, I just got back from the post office, where I overnighted our application forms, photos, and a DVD of our two-minute application video. Can you believe that? Me neither!

I think the cuteness factor was over the top because we dressed the boys up in their Phillies Phlyers snowsuits, gifts from our dear friend, Uncle A, and took them out to one of our local 10,000 lakes to touch snow for the first time! (Insert huge THANK YOU to Steve's friend M for his videotaping skills here!) The boys were not too sure what to think about it while we were taping, but when we posed them for these two quick stills afterward, Matthew voiced his opinion: IT'S COLD AND I DON'T LIKE IT! We're right there with ya, buddy.
You also know that Steve is the brains when it comes to technology, so you'll have to wait a few days for his return to upload the video to our computer before I can post it here. I'll update this entry and re-post it then. Believe it or not, I did try, but not very hard because I really don't want to screw up the computer and be without the internet until he comes back this weekend. (Insert huge THANK YOU to E&S here for their DVD-making skills, since we had to outsource the job!)

I don't know if we stand a chance to get on the show, but even just completing and sending the application is a thrill for us. For crying out loud, I have no idea what we'll do if we get a call for a semi-finalist interview! Probably scream and jump up and down and wake the babies, only to realize we'll have to make it to the out of town interview with our ankle-biters. But I'm pretty proud of us for crossing off one of our "Bucket List" items: apply for the Amazing Race, something we've been talking about doing for years.

We'll let you know what happens! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Pam Kelsey said...

Don't forget to take your little traveling gnomes with you!! Wouldn't that be something!!

The Alexanders said...

Good luck on your Amazing Race Application!

April said...

Oh my GOSH!!! Just catching up on blogs! SERIOUSLY so excited that you guys did this! You have talked about it for SO long!!! EEEK!! :)