2. I confess, I took a few days off of blogging and LIFE. Hubs and I took our first "vacation" since the boys were born. I know, you're all like, HUH?, remembering our pics of Hawaii and St. Maartin last winter, but the truth is, we haven't had a vacation- just the two of us, WITHOUT him having to work for at least part of it, for 3 YEARS. Yeah, I know! Ludicrous. So, we left the munchkins with their grandaparents and flew off to an undisclosed location for 3 FABULOUS nights. What did we do? Next to nothing! Seriously, we took maybe a dozen pictures- 10 of the sunsets and two of us eating. Because we just laid on the beach, ATE, and slept in.
- Those of you with twins know that you spend the first year of their life sleeping with one ear open. I know I don't have much to complain about, since they've been sleeping through the night since they were 4 months old, but...I got to sleep in till 8:30! Isn't that crazy?! (Well, sort of crazy, since 8:30 EST is like 7:30 CST, which is only 30 minutes later than every day of my life, but you get what I'm saying.) Because after that I got to take a shower without having to put the kids down for their morning nap first and eat my breakfast without having to cut it up into a million tiny pieces for the boys to share. Heavenly!
- The best part was when my 19 year-old brother-in-law texted me this: "i cant even believe you take care of these kids everyday by yourself! haha" I haven't laughed so hard in months!
- We watched several families with kids playing on the beach, in the water, building sandcastles, collecting shells. I would think (and say) that the boys would have so much fun doing these things. Then I would laugh! They're 12 months old! They would eat the shells and sand! Who am I kidding?
- We'd see families with older kids (lots of them had 2 boys!) eating out. I'd watch and think, isn't that cute? Aren't they so well behaved? Wait! All those kids were texting, or playing handheld video games or watching a DVD. Will I really sink to this level in a few years?
All in all, a wonderful trip, but I'm glad to be back "taking care of these kids everyday by myself!"