Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Every Little Thing is Gonna Be Alright

I woke up to the sound of steady rain pattering outside my window.  The boys were, and are, still sleeping.  I think they've got a lot of sleep to catch up on from our jam-packed-fun-filled trip to MI last week, so I took a chance and made my coffee.  I just spent the last 20 minutes drinking coffee, listening to the cozy rain, and checking up on all my "real" and "virtual" friends.  By the way, it's the Dunkin' Donuts coffee I referred to in this blog entry and I must say, it's pretty darn good! 

After an auspicious start to the week, I think things are looking up.  Because doesn't it seem like the bad stuff always happens right before something really fabulous? 

I mean it.  Even when things were not looking good at the airport at 9 am on Sunday morning, I called a friend and she not only answered (gasp!) but was willing to drop everything to retrieve me and my irritable family.  Things went from bad to worse after that (in the van department) once the keys were found, so maybe they should have remained lost, but that's not my point.

My point is: no one was hurt but Unnamed Person's pride, the boys got a taste of what it's like to really travel with us, and I learned that my friends are true gems and really mean it when they say "call me for anything."

I hear my munchkins singing their little-birdie wake-up song now, so I've gotta wrap this up quick.  I'm on my second cup now, brainstorming a clever line to leave with you this morning, but all I've got is Scripture.

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?  Is not life more important than clothes?...Do not worry about tomorrow, for each day has enough trouble of its own." Officially in Matthew, paraphrased from my old brain.  While I'm trying to retrieve the verse, I hear Jason Mraz singing in the background of my brain, "Every little thing/is gonna be alright."

Okay, time to go get my munckin-birdies out of their cages.

Here's a parting pic: Daddy and the boys wearing Ferris State T's from Aunt L, celebrating his 30th with the fam last week.

See?  Everything WILL be alright!

No comments: