Our now-defunct "Young Marrieds" small group still gathers occasionally, particularly on New Year's Eve, to get together. This year's gathering was much the same as previous years', except we were there with Lewis and Clark, the hostess was 9 months pregnant, and there were two tiny infants in the mix.
|N stuck close to me at first...|
|Look, stuff to touch!|
|I didn't do it.|
- Your baby is getting so big! I can't believe we haven't seen him (her)
- Son, don't touch that!
- We should get together again soon.
- Hubs, please take all the picture frames and candles off her endtable
- Excuse me (exit me as I go to close all the bedroom and bathroom doors in the hall)
- Here, sons, have a snack and juice
- What were you saying? Oh, yeah, the baby...
- No, no, pick up your cereal snack, don't leave them all over our hostess' nice rug
- Excuse me (exit me again as I go to christen our hostess' baby-changing table with a poopy diaper)
- Is there a bag in here? No? (Enter me as I carry a poopy diaper through the living room and into the kitchen garbage.)
- Where's the other one? Is he poopy too? No? Good.
- Where were we again? Oh, yes, your baby. She's so sweet.
- Vroom, vroom! I drive a car across the rug to pick up cereal pieces.
- Hubs, it's 6:00...
- Okay, time to go!
- (Everyone) What? You're leaving!? So soon? Aren't you having dinner with us?
- No, enjoy your meal in peace. Happy New Year, everyone!
New Year's Eve just might be my New Favorite Holiday.