Friday, January 21, 2011

Extreme Cold and Frostbite is Likely

It was -29 F in our town at 7:30am this morning.  Then I found this today, posted on my MVMOM website, after I'd taken the boys to school today because only a hurricane will keep us home - and a fever, but you know.  Anyway, I think this explains my general snarky attitude today:

Wind-Chill
·30 is chilly and generally
uncomfortable
·15 to 30 is cold
·0 to 15 is very cold
·-20 to 0 is bitter cold with
significant risk of frostbite
·-20 to -60 is extreme
cold and frostbite is likely

·-60 is frigid and exposed
skin will freeze in 1 minute

content copied from: 

Child Care Weather Chart

P.S. The napping boys and delicious chocolate treat my Handsome Hubby brought me from his business trip is helping the snarkiness right now.  As well as spewing it all on you, dear readers.  I'm feeling much better.  Thank you.

P.P.S. Does that mean that "frigid" is worse than "extreme cold"?  Does that make sense to you?  Perhaps another visit to dictionary.com is in order.

Update: I'm feeling much better since I first posted this because my favorite deals site, Pocket Your Dollars, has a bunch of freebies listed today!  http://www.pocketyourdollars.com/2011/01/freebies-beech-nut-toddler-kit-covergirl-makeup-organic-tea-more/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dollarsinthepocket%2FNwSY+%28Pocket+Your+Dollars%C2%AE%29&utm_content=FaceBook

No comments: