Thursday, January 20, 2011

Helpers

 Perhaps I was bragging a bit too much in my last post about having the best kids in the world?  Sorry.  I don't mean to rub it in.  But I do.  Have the best kids in the world, I mean. For instance, they are becoming BIG helpers:

While skyping with "Gamma" two nights ago, N slid his little hand between the cupboard and the fridge, grabbed the broom, and "swept" my kitchen and living room.  he was swiping it all over the carpet, cupboards, toys, etc., and whacking me and M in the heads with it.  Did I take it away?  Nope.  I wanted to talk to my mom, and taking the broom away would have resulted in one of his toddler temper tantrums (oh, that's its own post!).  I just waited till he was done, then placed the broom behind the "fence" in our living room that "protects" our computer and entertainment center.  (Seriously classy decorating skills.  I'm thinking of consulting.)

I have two munchkins permanently glued to my legs when I'm in the kitchen.  Or underfoot.  Or in the oven drawer.  Or in the fridge, if I can't shut it fast enough.  So when it's dinnertime and they're hungry, they're there.  Here's another confession: I don't cook when Hubs is traveling (shocking, right?!) and we eat Standard Toddler Fare.  Still, they want to help with even that.   Here they are, "helping" me "cook";



They're totally frozen!  They loved this part.  Awhile back, I let them put muffin liners in the pan, which was also exceedingly fun.

Letting my twins help is like doing the bunny hop all day: two steps forward, one step back. Or, more like one step forward two steps back? But we're having fun and attaining a modicum of cleanliness and health (see how it says 100% all natural ingredients!?) so it's all good!

Come on over for dinner.  You can lick your own nuggets.

1 comment:

Lindsey Aulds said...

I also think they're the best kids in the world!