Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Delicious Spaghetti Sauce Recipe

Since I just typed this out for a friend, I thought I'd share it with you, too.  I LOVE my crock pot, as you may well know.  This one is from my old "Fix it and Forget it" cookbook.  It's so yummy that you may never buy jarred sauce again.  And it makes your house smell great all day.  And it makes a TON.  Enjoy!

Italian Spaghetti Sauce

2 lbs. sausage or ground beef (next time I'm using Italian)
3 med. onions chopped
2 c. sliced mushrooms
6 garlic cloves minced
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes undrained
29 oz can tomato sauce
12 oz can tomato paste
2 Tbs. dried basil
1 Tbs. dried oregano
1 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1. Cook sausage, onions, mushrooms and garlic in skillet over med. heat for 10 minutes.  Drain. Transfer to slow cooker.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients
3. Cover.  Cook on Low 8-9 hours.

No comments: