Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Kuddos On Our Kiddos

Mommy is away tonight on a much deserved get together with friends. The little party is a "favorite things" party which I think is really clever. When she told me about it, I wondered why guys don't ever do things like this? I began to consider what that would actual look like and figured it wouldn't be as fun sitting around in a circle in "cozies" and getting a Jeff Gordon NASCAR model car or a 12 pack of Pabst Blue Ribbon; so it actually does make sense.

Our kids are wonderful and while it is true that they are product of both their parents, K shoulders the load in a big way as a stay at home Mom. She has seen me wing off to all 6 continents in the last year and travel 230,000 air miles (that is me in a seat, no credit card miles) since the beginning of 2011. Just a month ago, she had to deal with me going to Senegal, come home for our anniversary party, leave the next day for Hong Kong. get home and then leave the next week for Alaska - all in 2.5 weeks. This has meant she has had to care for our guys and keep them clean, fed and out of the woods in our backyard, all while bringing along our newest little heaven sent baby. There are the big things like that and then the small things that she glosses over on our blog as unimportant, but are the summation of who she is; like keeping a diary on N and his bathroom behavior and food intake so that we would have the ability to speak to his doctor intelligently. I know all of this is hard and tasking and wears thin patience that is incredible elastic. I am proud of her and love her and she deserves an immense amount of credit - all stay at home Moms deserve to hear it, but she most of all. 

Mommy and C during our Coffee Time
Your guest author - Hong Kong in the backdrop

2 comments:

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! So kind and thoughtful. And, I agree - she is amazing! Hope she had a fun night out!

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

Aw, very sweet!