Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My Hypothesis on Mr. Poopsies

Mr. Poopsies might not be doing this on purpose.  Maybe just maybe he's got a milk sensitivity or is lactose intolerant or whatever you want to call it, so I'm going dairy-free with him for a week or two to see if this changes his stool habits.  (A "blue moon" ice cream on Sunday gave me a BIG surprise on Monday morning, triggering this hypothesis.  Sorry for the poop talk, but this is my life right now).  And if the stool becomes normal, like regular-person-normal, not what-I-thought-was-just-my-kid's-weird-body-normal, then MAYBE he'll be able to "feel" the urge to go number two and make it to the bathroom in time.  It's just a hypothesis.  Not sure if it will work, but this is the first step to finding out if it's something I've been feeding him his whole life: milk.  He loves yogurt, ice cream and milk milk milk, so I'm not looking forward to this, but I think it's worth a shot.  And don't you think this is a fantastic time to start, two days before we leave for a family vacation in MI?  I know, not really, but if my hypothesis is correct, then he might come home a changed man.  Doubly so if his older boy cousins can convince him to "go" standing up (Daddy's tried, believe me).  Maybe he'll listen to a kid.  Isn't that what kids do, ignore mom and dad and do what their older cousins do?  

I'm feeling a bit more sane and patient with him, keeping in mind that there might be a physical reason he can't go, as opposed to, he's trying to kill me with his stubbornness.  

Sweet Mr. Poopsies
Back to packing for 5 people and figuring out who is going to water my flowers and mow my lawn because the neighbor kids' mom just said no.  (Sigh) I'll keep you updated with the iphone and flood you with pictures when we get back - and I have time to upload. 

You stay classy, San Diego.

No comments: