Friday, July 27, 2012

Play Ball!

Last night my mom organized a huge family fun outing to end our Michigan vacation, a night at the Great Lakes Loons game. It's a new (since we moved 8 years ago) minor league team in Midland and we hadn't seen them play yet. We left all three boys at my in-law's (thank you for the free babysitting!) and had a mini-date together for dinner and headed to the ballpark where both my sisters, four of my nieces and nephews, three of my grandparents and my parents waited. What a blast! Despite a low scoring game, it was a perfect cool breezy Michigan summer evening, the kind hubs and I spent together the summer we fell in love. Just a couple hours away from the kids and we felt a bit like our old selves again, even stopping at 7-11 for a Slurpee like the good ol days. Apparently, a Loons game is the place to be because we ran into so many people we knew it was like a blast from the past; even one of hubs' high school friends recognized us! The best part was spending time with our family. Here's my favorite pic of the night- me with three of my grandparents. That's my maternal grandfather, after whom M was named. A truly wonderful man. I just kissed him good-bye. I know I won't get to do it forever so I do it every time I can. Thanks for a good time, Mom!

1 comment:

Pam Kelsey said...

You are welcome!....but, you made me cry...