Wednesday, February 6, 2013

4 Bed, 1 Bath, Great Location

We just moved back to the small town where I was raised. Not born, of course, because it's too small for a hospital. They did have babies in hospitals 35 years ago, even in small town MI.

What's that old saying, you can take a girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl? Something like that. I've grown accustomed to Minnesota suburbia and being close to every big box store imaginable, then, "small town" Minnesota, population 20,000. Now I'm living within the city limits, population 2000, so I'm not technically in the country.

And I love it.

"Look at the sunrise!" M cried this morning. A gold and pink sunrise was visible out one kitchen window, lighting the bean and grain silos with a pink reflection a few blocks away, visible through the other. I smiled, happy that my Keurig coffee maker is located between the views.

A high school classmate and Facebook friend commented on my post about dropping the boys off at preschool yesterday: her daughter is in their class.

My mom came over last night to help with bedtime crazies because Hubs is on the road again.

My MIL has tomorrow off and is coming over to take the boys to their second day of preschool.

My nephew's birthday party has been planned for a Monday night this month- and we will be in attendance for the first time ever.

Our library is within walking distance, and I can't wait to take the kids. My Girl Scout meetings were held there.

Today I received the very last garbage can the city had in storage. Whew, that was close!

Except M told me to go use my own bathroom when he found me in there today. Going to keep working on those manners, and sharing a bathroom, too.

1 comment:

April said...

Love this! :) Glad you are able to be with family on ALL occasions and not just some.