Friday, February 15, 2013

Easy, Boring Job?

I think not.

Recently I had conversations with new acquaintances in which the women inferred that being a stay-at-home-mom was easy or boring.

I don't really think the women were accusing ME of having an easy, boring job. I'm trying to see it as though they thought THEIR time at home with the children was "chill" as one put it, or boring, as the other inferred.

Because let me tell you, if you don't already know, staying at home with my children has been the HARDEST and BUSIEST job I have ever done in my life!

If I'd had the time to process a thoughtful reply, but I didn't because I was juggling baby C and assisting the twins with assembling their Valentine's party candy crafts/card distribution/etc, I might have become offended and given those women an earful. I'm glad I didn't because I might be spending a lot of time with them at school functions in the future. I hope I was kind and sweet to them. Or at least polite.

I know it's the old working vs stay at home debate that every mom fights and doubts no matter what she chooses.

But if you think staying at home is easy or boring....

Then you need to come spend a few days at MY house!!

No comments: