Saturday, February 9, 2013

Text Convo

UA: Do the boys want to play in the snow today?
Me: Yes, if you come here. I can't get out (of the driveway) yet.
UA: I'll be there after my oil change.
Me: There are sleds and snow brick makers in the garage. Do you like chili and cornbread!
UA: Perfect! Yes!

Then my dad brought his snowblower to clear the driveway, I made chili for dinner, and UA and UK arrived to build Snow tunnels all afternoon! The boys even ate chili because their uncles did....and the brownie dessert bribe helped, too.

My grandma doesn't text, but she does have a cell phone, otherwise it might have been:
GG: K, we want to come see your new house.
Me: Come Saturday after mass.
GG: love you sweetie, see you then!
Me: Love you Grandma!

I tossed a pork roast and root veggies in the crock pot this morning for dinner and convinced them to stay. They were thrilled to eat a meal again at their old dining table - a wedding gift from GG's parents 60 years ago this fall! I'm thinking I ought to decorate with a retro 50's theme in here now!

What a special time we are already having here in MI. I told Hubs I hope we both live long enough to celebrate 60 years together and see 8 grandchildren and 8 great grandchildren.

Below: the fellas shoveling before PaPa blew our drive out (Hubs was traveling, he would have shoveled!) then digging snow tunnels with the uncles.









No comments: