Sunday, November 29, 2009

Baby Dedication

Today was a very special day.  We chose to dedicate Matthew and Nathan at our Michigan church this morning for several reasons.  First, all the grandparents and great-grandparents live in this area and would be able to attend the service.  Second, our families' church is where Steve and I met and married.  Third, our pastor, who married us seven years ago, is still preaching and did the dedication service today.

It was quite a service!  My family and my husband's family filled up two pews and the whole church was packed because there were - get this! - SEVENTEEN children being dedicated this morning! 

I was worried that my sons would not be pleasant by the end of service because I knew they wouldn't nap well during worship and the message.  But those of you who know me know that I just worry about stuff and get all worked up, then nothing happens.  I guess it's my way of making sure nothing happens. 

Nathan fell asleep on Grandma K during worship and Matthew fell asleep on Grandma A during the message, so they were perfect angels, praise God!  I really think they like church; okay, I think they like the lights and the ceiling fans, but whatever it takes to get them in church, right?  That's what pastor's message was all about: training up your children in the way they should go so that when they are old they will not depart from it.

I just have to put in a good word for my parents and in-laws.  Both families did a great job raising Steve and me and our siblings to love the Lord when we were young.  Now they are reaping the benefits of their labor, as their adult children in their 20's and 30's are serving the Lord and dedicating their babies to Him.  Thank you Mom and Dad K and Mom and Dad A for showing us the way.  I pray that Steve and I can do as good of a job as you did.

Pastor and Mrs. S. anoint and pray for Matthew...Nathan was next, but they were too quick for the camera.


Grandparents K and Grandparents A...and Matthew reaching for Nathan's bink


Got it!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I actually got a picture of Nathan's dedication on your camera I'm pretty sure..