Playing on Daddy last week
We made it to Michigan to celebrate Thanksgiving with both families this week. Steve and I have lived out of state for nearly 6 of our 7 years of marriage, and we realize there are some wonderful things in Michigan that we miss when we're gone. Fortunately, we get to come back and enjoy them often:
These are just a few and we're always happy to be home with our family.
- Spending time with our families; watching the boys play with their grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins, in particular.
- Vernor's ginger ale soda
- Mackinaw Island Fudge ice cream
- Spatz bread - best toast ever
- Meijer's grocery store, where one can buy these goodies
- Visiting our old friends who also live out of state, but who return to see their families for the holidays as well
- Rooting for the Lions on Thanksgiving
- Tim Horton's; can you believe we don't have them in MN- we're like half Canadian eh?
- No traffic
- Ya Ya's Chicken - a caesar salad to die for!
- Airports that are not that busy
- Golf courses on every corner
- (Somewhat) warmer weather in the winter
- The ability to turn left on a blinking red light