Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Half Birthday!

Six months went by SO FAST!  I can hardly believe our drooling, giggling, baby-food-eating, rolling-all-over kiddos are the same teeny tiny preemies we held a few months ago. 

November 25th marked M and N's six-month birthday and we celebrated by going to get our portraits taken at a studio.  Why is it that we ALWAYS spend more on pictures than we intend?  I'm a bargain shopper to the core, but when it comes to the boys' photos, we've already spent...a lot.  That's because my wonderful hubby let me have a multiples-mom photographer come out to the house when they were three weeks old to take newborn shots.  It was something I've always wanted to do because I LOVE LOVE LOVE those naked baby shots.  The portraits were FAB-U-LOUS!

 three weeks old

We didn't have a fabulous budget for six month photos (let's be honest, we didn't have it for newborn photos, either) so we bundled them up and took them to the mall.  It was only their second trip to a mall and they were very well-behaved.

The first shots were good, but I think the guys were pretty startled by three photographers and the two of us blabbering, jingling bells, and shaking stuffed animals at them to get them to smile! 
Yum, boxes!  What?  Smile?


Oooh, a camera up there!


After the Santa-suit shots, we thought we'd try our hand at our first family portrait.  They guys seemed to be more comfortable in our arms, or maybe they were getting the hang of what we were trying to do.  It only took two snaps and we got a great Cheesy grin out of N and a very excited smile from M.  It's the same smile M has been giving this week every time he sees N - or anyone - playing with a toy that he doesn't have.  Of course, the photographer was waving a new puppet at him!



Happy Half Birthday!

1 comment:

Kristin @ Intrepid Murmurings said...

Oh my, that newborn photo is amazing! Makes me miss my teeny tiny babies! Congrats on 6 months! Thats a big milestone!