Monday, March 15, 2010

Back to Regular Life

Yesterday Steve's family headed back to Michigan after a fun-filled week we called "Staycation," and we're sad to see it end.  Even though the weather was cloudy, foggy, and overall just plain yucky, we managed to fit a lot of fun into a short amount of time.  Now the fellas are looking around the house like, "Where did everyone go?"

We had so much fun playing Wii bowling at the house - here's Aunt L being "fierce" -
that we decided to go "for real!" Nathan and Matthew enjoyed watching all the action and playing with us between turns.  And before you get all, SHE TOOK BABIES TO THE BOWLING ALLEY?! on me, this was a fantastic local family bowling alley that was totally smoke-free.  Again, what took us so long to do this?  It's literally a mile down the road!  And Grandpa's back was bothering him too much to bowl (too many water slides the day before?), so we just took the babysitter with us
Here's Steve being "fierce!"  What's funny about this is that us girls beat the boys three games in a row!  No thanks to me, though.  It turns out that I'm not such a hot bowler, even though I played Wii for WAYYYY longer than I'll admit to on Friday night in preparation for the big day - and yes, I earned my pro status back.  However, it did not help one bit at a "real" bowling alley.  Grandma A, who hadn't picked up a ball since she was 8 and a 1/2 months preggy with my hubby, kicked all our butts!  Go Grandma, go!

Uncle A and Matthew with one more baba...I'm really impressed with both of my brothers-in-law, who did an incredible job playing with and feeding the fellas.  Don't worry, guys, we'll work on diapering skills next time!

Everyone is back home, back to work, and back to school today.  Back to regular life.  When my sister and brothers-in-law hear their college friends talking about Spring Break, I hope they'll know how much it means to me that they chose to spend it with us in the lousy Minnesota weather that's not really winter or spring to be able to spend time with their nephews.  Love you all and can't wait to see you again.

No comments: