Monday, March 15, 2010

Question of the Week: Time Change






What are your tips/tricks for handling daylight savings time?

I don't consider myself qualified to answer this question, but I'm going to tell you what I did, anyhow.  For our first daylight savings time - fall back in '09 - we were on an airplane flying back from Hawaii with two 5 and a half month old babes.  So, nothing.

Our second was this weekend.  I'd totally forgotten about Spring Ahead because we'd had house guests all week. Because I'm such a planner, I would probably have devised a schedule of putting them in bed a few minutes early (or late, whatever the "experts" would tell me to do) for a week leading up to the change.  BUT, they woke up at 7:30 on Sunday morning - 6:30 because we hadn't remembered to change our clocks before that.  So we just got up then.


My freakish planning brain had completely turned to mush after a week-long staycation with the family.  So I just plopped 'em in bed at their regular times and hoped for the best.

So far, so good.  I have great kids! 

Tuesday update: Matthew was awake at 5am.  Nathan shortly thereafter.  It's 12:30 now, they're sleeping, and I'm tired.  Maybe we're struggling a bit with the time change.

No comments: