Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 7: Roller Coaster

It's only 1:30 and I'm already describing today as a roller coaster.
Low: cancelled today's playdate because we need more training time.
High: M has stayed dry all morning!
Low: N threw his worst temper tantrum EVER about sitting on the potty this morning, resulting in a diaper day for him.
High: M felt the poo coming and made it to the potty in time!
High:N sat with his brother in poop solidarity waiting for it, resulting in a pee pee hit!
Low: N pooped at naptime again.Update: Twice.  Second day in a row of a double-poop no-nap day.
High: I've managed to get a tiny bit of housework done. Tiny. But I'm sitting here updating you because I desperately need to put my feet up for a few minutes.

I'm pretty sure potty training twins is some kind of cruel and unusual punishment. I've been brainstorming all morning, trying to figure out what I've done to deserve this.

1. I treated someone terribly. I did my fair share of dumping jerks and nice guys decades ago, but I'm pretty sure I was punished by also being dumped a few times, too, so I don 't think that's it. For the record, Hubs and I never broke up - so don't think I treated him badly! The worst I've done so far is make him help potty train (I hope!)

2. I was a horrible person in a previous life. I don't believe in reincarnation, but for the first time, it kind of makes sense- at least when it comes to explaining this cruel and unusual punishment.

3. I gave my own mother this kind of trouble when she was potty training me. She's been telling me for 2 1/2 years that N is my little clone and Hubs tells me all the time that N got his hard headedness (and fantastic good looks) from me. According to my calculations, mom was either hugely pregnant with my sister or dealing with a newborn around my age 2 1/2, as well as a pretty rotten marriage situation at the time (now she's married to Prince Charming and I've been potty trained for around 32 years, so her story has a happy ending). If I were trying to potty train N during all of that, I, too, would have prayed that God would "bless" that child with one just like her so she knows what she did to me.

Ah, yes, that's it. Today that prayer is finally being answered. That's what I did. I gave my mom a special kind of heck during my own potty training. That's how I earned this.

Hopefully all I'll remember in 30 years is how cute his tiny buns were. And that his own child does this to him.

Update: M kept his pull up dry ALL DAY!  N earned his pull up back after nap and kept it dry the rest of the day and fell asleep immediately, resulting in me being able to finish some housework (expecting guests tomorrow).  That's why the pull ups, even though I'd rather not.  But I was able to catch up on non-underpants laundry today - yay!

No comments: