Monday, January 16, 2012

Day Five: Celebrate!

We seem to have made it past the hardest part, so we made today a celebration day!  Daddy has MLK day off, so we applied Pull Ups after a successful morning of pee-pee-ing in the potty, and headed out to the MN Zoo for a day of family fun.  Besides going to church yesterday and for a short walk down the block, it was the first real outing we were taking with our potty trained boys!

And I did NOT take the diaper bag.  Nope, just one oversized purse with 2 diapers, 5 wipes, 2 juice boxes, 2 granola bars, and hand sanitizer.  I'm livin' on the edge here, people!

The boys were in heaven and so were we!  I haven't been out of the house much in the last week, so to re-emerge (victorious?) in a very public place - more public than church, at least, was simply exhilarating. 

N's photo of me at the dolphin show
 N was refusing his photo this morning, so in an attempt to get one, I allowed him to hold the camera for a moment.  The above shot resulted.  I almost deleted it and then I thought, gee, I should show the world what I look like with make up from my kid's point of view.  Not my best angle, but kind of cute because N took it and it's in focus, better than most of mine!  (It's the Sony Handycam, if you're wondering.  They're not allowed to touch the Nikon.)
M's first public pee! 
 I was SO EXCITED that M went pee pee in the little tiny potty at the kid's play area in the zoo I asked Hubs to take a pic.  For the first time in my life, I understand why Kate Gosselin took pictures of her kids' first poos in the potty - I used to think it was disgusting, but now I understand it's a monumental accomplishment (we're still working on that one - prunes will be our snack this afternoon). 
N busy as a bee in the honeycomb
 He still wasn't digging my photography here, but was so happy collecting "pollen" (yellow bath poufs) in the "beehive" I couldn't help myself.
M and Daddy reading a bumblebee story in the "hive"
We visited the dolphins, the penguins, the Tropics Trail, made a penguin picture, and visited the potty again (of course) before heading to McDonald's for our celebratory lunch.

M is very very proud of his penguin picture. He hasn't let go of it all day!
Absolute JOY!
What it looks like to eat out with us! 
N is simply in heaven!
McDonald's still holds its magic.  When we were kids, we thought it was awesome, too.  Back then they had Ronald and Grimace walking around and dangerous teeter totters and merry go rounds outside, so things have changed a bit.  They could barely eat their favorite food, so excited they (okay, N was) to get on the "playground."  M chose to spend most of it on my lap finishing his cold nuggets and fries, but N was climbing, screaming, and sliding with the best of them.  He was the smallest on the play set, but was having the most fun! 

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more perfect, Daddy took each boy to the men's room, one at a time, and they BOTH went pee pee on the big big potty! 

Seriously wonderful. 

1 comment:

Meika said...

This is fantastic, Kim!!! Your persistence is truly impressive. I think that N and Maryam have similar (stubborn! independent!) personalities. We finally went cold-turkey on the nighttime Pull-Ups last week because we were pretty sure she was just being lazy about the potty when she had them on. I think she had three wet beds and has been dry since. I'm in heaven. I know you know what I'm talking about. :)