Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 8: Hold Steady

Whew, I'm exhausted. Potty training is not for wimps. I had an OB appointment this morning and Dr. C asked how I've been feeling. "we're potty training the boys this week," I answered.

As a father of 5, the youngest a set of twins, he just smiled and said, "Good luck,"

He did say his girls "got it" faster but the boys were slower, a theme that nearly every parent ahead of me repeats.

So I'm just grateful that M is doing so well and that we are seeing more cooperation with N, who has not had an accident today! We 're just holding steady today. No major problems, 1 accident, no major breakthroughs. I'll take it.

Here's a funny, non-potty training story. I had a "Julie and Julia" moment last night. If you've seen the movie or read the book, you know Julie gets upset because she has to bone a duck. When she finally does, she's dressing the duck in the living room, talking to Julia as she watches the same procedure and follows along. Because Cub did not have the whole cut up chicken I needed for a recipe, but had the whole chicken on sale for .99/lb., I decided I'd do it myself. I've roasted whole chickens before, but not cut them raw. How hard could it be?

Oh, gross. It was full of gizzards and guts! I had to look up "how to cut up a raw chicken" in my Better Homes and Gardens "Bible" cookbook, and read it aloud, following the photo guide! The crunching sound of the knife through cold chicken tendons made me gag! However, when I finished, it looked just like the "whole cut up" chicken I usually buy for twice the price! Now, I'm pretty proud and looking forward to our Chicken in a Pot" dinner simmering away in the crock pot right now. Yeah, I'm totally a butcher.

By the way, Baby 3 is healthy, strong, and doing well. My weight and blood pressure check out well, and I go back in 3 weeks for the blood glucose test. I don't feel diabetic right now, so hopefully I can avoid it this time!

1 comment:

Cuz I'm the mama! said...

Sounds like you are doing as well as can be expected. I've appreciated following your journey. I agree - potty training twins is like a curse. I mean what on earth did we do to deserve this?? ;) The only thing I hold close is that we survived twin infancy and we're still here to talk about it. We will get through this - I'm just always sure how. Congrats on more success!