Monday, April 19, 2010

MOM's Convention

A great big THANK YOU goes out to my wonderful hubby and his mom for making it possible for me to go to the annual Minnesota Mothers of Multiples Convention this weekend!  It's been, literally, YEARS since I've done something like go away to a hotel with girlfriends...in fact, I wonder if I've EVER done that?

Anyhow, there were about 30 women from my local club, MVMOM, amongst 250+ multiples moms from the state of MN and a couple of guest MOMs from out of state.  In fact, one of OUR members brought her sister in from TEXAS who also has twins (whaddyathinkofthat, Pat?  If you have twins I will personally fly you up here to attend the convention with me!)! 

So there were 250 women walking around the HILTON (which kinda cracks me up) in PAJAMAS!  The theme was "Pajama Party," so it was totally appropriate to walk around in PJ's all weekend.  However, no one TOLD me that you're supposed to bring a SECOND pair of pj's for Saturday.  Yep, there I was at breakfast wearing (gasp!) last night's pj's...know what the others did?  Got up, SHOWERED, and DRESSED IN NEW PJ's!  Are you kidding me?   How horrific...I had to wear yesterday's pj's all day. 

Things that "happen at convention, stay at convention," so I can't tell everything.  But let's just say that much fun was had by all and next year, I'll be staying TWO nights.  The theme? 

"Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"

Oh, yeah...the 80's! 

I hope my mother-in-law will be up for 48 hours with her then-23-month-old grandsons! (Heehee, I'll be READY for another weekend by then, I'm sure!)

2 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

1. I will probably stay two nights next year too! I feel like I missed half of it, leaving Saturday.
2. No one noticed or cared that you were wearing the same PJs the next day -- and I'd bet a lot of money you weren't the only one!
Bonnie

Mrs. B said...

the same pj's two days in a row? story of my life, mama! and what a sweet life it is.

so glad that you were able to get out and enjoy a night away! i should get my butt in gear and get there next year!