Saturday, April 10, 2010

Treasure Shopping

Today was the biannual MVMOM's Used Clothing and Equipment Sale!
I got to go last year when I was huge and preggers.  This is what the nursery looked like after the sale:
Then, I missed the fall sale.  Bummer.  And TODAY, oh, TODAY!
I woke up early, took a shower, got dressed AND put makeup on - all before the munchkins woke up.  I don't remember the last time I did that and I'm not exaggerating.  THEN, after babas and some hugs, I bought myself a Caribou coffee on the way - what an indulgence, right?  When can I ever GET OUT OF THE CAR and GO INTO A STORE BY MYSELF?

Then, I got a number at the sale (201, to be exact).  That means 200 other people got to go shopping before me!  And I stood around for an hour, high on the espresso in my Northern Light Latte, chatting it up with other multiples' moms waiting for the 9:00 am starting bell.

Ding! Ding!  Have you ever seen 200 shopping moms on a mission?  It's like shopping the day after Thanksgiving!  Wow!

What a blast I had chatting with some friends, browsing the stuff, and scoring the most incredible deals!  I didn't REALLY think I'd be able to find the 1-piece SPF size 18 months swimsuits I was looking for, but I did!  I found matching sunglasses, crocs, and swimming hats, too!
ISN'T HE DARLING?  
Matthew didn't try his on yet, since he was already in the tub.
He wouldn't put down the Croc and actually took a nap with it!  

I love this sale!

3 comments:

KJ said...

Lol...sounds awesome! So nice to find good deals with twins!

April said...

I remember the room looking like that :) Oh and everytime I see the "lavender" bumbo I smile.

Anna said...

Ahhh I bought crocks too (sixe 6....next size up!) So much fun-I found so much good stuff this time! I meant to chat with you again before I left but of course we were super far apart in line. It was SO fun to meet you in person! I'd love to chat sometime -- I really don't know anyone else with twins so I LOVE reading your blog! Have fun at convention!